Al-'Ubaydiyya (Arabic: العبيدية) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Tiberias Subdistrict. It was occupied during the Nakba in 1948.
The village was located 11 km south of Tiberias, situated close to the Jordan River. The Canaanites referred to al-'Ubaydiyya as Bayt Shamash.
At the time of the 1931 census, El Ubeidiya had 137 occupied houses and a population of 625 Muslims.
In 1945, the village had a population of 870. al-'Ubaydiyya had an elementary school for boys which was founded by the Ottomans.
No related videos
No related booklets
No related items