Ni'ilya was a Palestinian Arab village in the Gaza Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the Nakba on November, 1948 under Operation Yo'av.
A 1596 census revealed a population of 440; by 1945 this had increased to 1310.
Ni'ilya students attended school in al-Majdal. A school was built in the village in 1948 shortly before the war but never opened. The village had a mosque and tombs of people who were killed while battling the Crusades.