The village was situated about 5 km from the seashore on the central coastal plain and was bordered by marshlands. It was located 9 km northeast from Jaffa.
Al-Jammasin al-Sharqi probably fell to Zionist attacks some time before the end of the British Mandate on 15 May 1948. By this time, Zionist forces were in control of the whole coastal area between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
There are no settlements on village lands. However, development from nearby Tel Aviv has taken over the site.
Except for some rubble-strewn areas [where castor-oil plants and cypress, fig, and Christ's-thorn trees grow], the site has been almost entirely engulfed by the expansion of Tel Aviv. Several Arab houses still stand and have been incorporated into the grid of Tel Aviv's streets, along with the newer Jewish commercial and residential buildings.