The village was situated on a hilltop, overlooking the Mediterranean sea to the west and a wide expanse of open land to the east. Ijlil al-Shamaliyya was aproximately 100 m north of its twin village, Ijlil al-Qibliyya. It was located 15 km northeast of Jaffa.
Ijlil al-Shamaliyya was occupied at the same time as its sister village, Ijlil al-Qibliyya.
Gelil Yam, founded in 1943 on what were traditionally village lands, is east of the village site.
The site is difficult to identify with precision because it is now part of a large garbage dump.
No related videos