'Arab Zahrat al-Dumayri Before 1948
At 41 km from Haifa, the village was situated on sandhills that lay 5 km southeast of Qisarya, overlooking the muddy ground of the plains around Wadi al-Mafjar.
Occupation, Depopulation, and Israeli Settlements
As a result of the Haganah's policy aiming to clear the coastal area of its Arab inhabitants, on 10 April the inhabitants of 'Arab Zachrat al-Dumayri, together with the villagers of 'Arab al-Nufay'at and 'Arab al-Fuqara', were ordered to leave the area.
There are no Israeli settlements on village lands.
The Village Today
Overgrown with grass and plants amidst some cactuses and tamarisk trees, the site is now mostly covered with sand dunes. Parts of the adjacent land are used for agriculture by Israeli farmers.
Sources: al-Khalidi, Walid (ed.). All that remains: the Palestinian villages occupied and depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington DC: 1992.
Morris, Benny. The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge: 2004.