You’re invited to join our tour at the destroyed Palestinian village of Lubya in the Lower Galilee. Lubya, which stood east of Tiberias on the main way to Nazareth, at Maskane junction [Golani Junction] was occupied in July 1948 and all its inhabitants were expelled.
During the tour we will meet with an internally displaced family from the village, learn about its history, occupation and demolition as part of the Nakba crimes. We will tour the remains of the village, put signs to revive the erased name of Lubya and to mark some of its main sites. We will visit the cemetery covered by the South African forest, which is inside the JNF's Lavi forest and we will distribute the booklet "Remembering Lubya".
Saturday, November 27, 11:30 – 13:30
Meeting point in the parking of McDonalds in the Golani Interchange at 11:00. From there We will drive a few minutes to the starting point of the tour.
A bus to the tour will leave Tel Aviv at 9:30 from Lewinsky garden 31 Ha’gdud Haivri St.
To arrive independently please use the application iNakba
The tour will be guided in Hebrew & Arabic by Umar al-Ghubari.
English interpretation will be available.
The path will be inside the forest, please arrive with proper shoes.
Kindly make sure to register in advance using this form.
For further inquiries, please write to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Umar al-Ghubari 052-8743099
And finally, Join our community: donate monthly to Zochrot so we can extend our activism, continue to challenge the discourse and promote political and cultural transformation for a more just future.