48mm Film Festival From Nakba to Return invites filmmakers to submit:
1. Proposals for short films (up to 15 min) addressing various aspects of historical and current challenges related to the Nakba, the return and the Palestinian refugees. The proposals may be for a fiction, documentary, animated and/or experimental film.
Terms and submission deadline:
- The proposal must include synopsis of the film (up to two pages), director's statement (up to one page) and director's short CV including a list of previous projects.
- The proposal may be submitted in Hebrew, Arabic or English.
- The submission is open to filmmakers, TV professionals, artists, film/art/media students, video/photo amateurs with prior proven experience.
- Three selected candidates will receive 8,000 NIS grant as well as artistic consulting throughout the production process.
- The films will premiere in December 2018 as part of the 6th edition of 48mm Film Festival that will mark 70 years since the Nakba.
Please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by February 15, 2018.
2. Films completed in recent years exploring the Nakba and the Palestinian Right of Return for screening at the sixth edition of 48mm Film Festival from Nakba to Return in December 2018. The films can be of various length and genre. Please submit your film by sending us online link to email@example.com latest by May 31, 2018.
Cinema 48mm initiated by Zochrot seeks to promote and encourage artistic and critical discourse about the silencing and denial of the Nakba, and practical thinking about the return of Palestinian refugees through the art of the moving image. 48mm focuses on producing original films by local artists and screening them in Israel/Palestine and worldwide. The high point of the project is the 48mm Film Festival from Nakba to Return held annually at the Tel Aviv Cinematheque and showcasing the best of local and international films dealing with the aforementioned subjects.
For questions and additional information, please contact Natasha Dudinski, Artistic Director of Cinema 48mm at +972-3-6953155 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org