Tour at the destroyed Palestinian village of Khirbat al-‘Umur
From: 09/10/2015 16:00 - To: 09/10/2015 18:30

Zochrot invites the public to a tour on the site of the destroyed Palestinian village of Khirbat al-‘Umur, which was occupied in 1948 and completely depopulated.

Khirbat al-‘Umur is located 16 km west to Jerusalem, closed to the village of ‘Ein Rafa, on road number 1.
In Hemed (Abu Ghowsh) junction, please drive to ‘Ein Rafa village, near the mosque keep right and cross the village to al-‘Umur spring.
Refugees from Khirbat al-‘Umur will lead the tour and share stories about the village.
We will post a sign of the village name and distribute a booklet written especially for the event.

Friday, October 9th, 2015
16:00- 18:30

A bus will leave the Arlozorov Train Station in Tel Aviv, at 15:00
The bus will pick up passengers (if needed) in Latrun junction at 15:20 and in Hemed junction at15:45 at the entrance of ‘Ein Rafa. 

We expect to be back at Tel Aviv at 19:30

The public is invited.
Meeting point in the area of the village: near the al-‘Umur spring at 16:00.
To arrive independently you may use the application iNakba

The tour will be guided in Hebrew & Arabic. English interpretation will be available.
The tour will take 2.5 hours, including 3 km walk in difficult path in the forest. Please wear walking shoes and bring water.

For further information,
Zochrot 03-6953155; Umar 052-8743099
To join, please register in advance at Tours@zochrot.org

See more in Facebook event

Zochrot online