By the end of 2014, Zochrot will hold its 2nd International Film Festival on the Nakba and Return of Palestinian Refugees.
The film festival is designed to raise public awareness of the crimes of the Nakba and of the Return of Palestinian Refugees as critical issues that should be on the agenda of the Israeli public. Together with documentary and narrative features from around the world, we will screen new short films produced especially for this festival by Palestinian and Israeli filmmakers.
This initiative is designed to promote acknowledgement and accountability by the Jewish public in Israel for the crimes of the Nakba and the acceptance of Return as necessary redress and a chance for a better life. Zochrot promotes the idea that the Return of Palestinian Refugees, grounded in acknowledgement, accountability and redress and in Jewish-Palestinian partnership, is essential for the creation of a democratic, multicultural space and a shared life for all inhabitants of this country and region.
There are two submission tracks:
Screening feature and documentary films on the Nakba and Return of Palestinian refugees.
- You may send a copy of your film (30 minutes and more)
- Copies should be sent in DVD format until September 1, 2014, to: Zochrot, POB 51598, Tel Aviv-Jaffa, 6721207. You can also send a web link to your movie
- A jury will select the films to be screened at the festival
Producing original short films of all genres on the Return of Palestinian Refugees
- Your submission should include a proposal referring with relevant historic and contemporary challenges to the Return of Palestinian Refugees (up to 400 words). The proposal may be submitted in Arabic, Hebrew or English
- Film length: 10 minutes or less
- A jury will select five proposals which will receive a grant of 5,000 NIS each, to be given at the festival
- The film should be with Hebrew subtitles (we recommend adding Arabic and/or English subtitles as well)
- Winners will sign a contract with Zochrot, and will undertake to premier their film at the festival, and entitle Zochrot to continue screening their film after the premier
- Proposals must be sent by the May 15, 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jury replies will be sent by May 30 at the latest.
- Production should be completed by October 1.
- Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
You are more than welcome to consult with Zochrot's Oral History and Media Coordinator, Raneen Jeries, before your submission and throughout the production process. For clarifications, questions and further details please contact Raneen at:
Office: +972-3-6953155 \\ Mobile: +972-52-8987299 \\ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org