The village was siutated on relatively flat terrain that sloped from north to south. Its lands were bounded by the northern bank of the al-'AwjaRiver, some 2 km south of the village site. It was located 11 km northeast of Jaffa.
Al-Sawalima probably fell into Zionist hands some times before the end of the British Mandate on 15 May 1948. Byt his time, Zionist forces were in control of the whole coastal area between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
There are no settlement on village lands.
Cactuses grow on the village site. No identifiable traces of the former dwellings remain. Only the remnants of the one-room school are discernable. A highway runs past the north side of the site.